MITHS'98
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advent Gospels

Go down

Advent Gospels Empty Advent Gospels

Post by George Cuartero Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:04 am

One of our batchmates sent me a message on friendster about this and i agreed to share to all of you as well.

Date: 11/25/2007 5:55 pm
Subject: TOL,pwede b request syo?!

Starting the new Catholic calendar year next Sunday (1st sunday of ADVENT), i'll be creating a short refelection every sunday..this will actually tackle the Gospel reading every sunday..hope you will read it po..maybe ur reading less important bulletins,this time PLS do take time reading this..this will also be my sacrifice of somehow spreading a little thought about the word of GOD!and hopefully i'll be asking for your Prayers regarding my future plan nxt year that will eventually be announced as soon as it is already confirmed!tnx,i'm hoping for you to spend time reading those..i'll be Praying for you as well! GOD BLESS you!
George Cuartero
George Cuartero
Admin

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-24

https://miths98.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Advent Gospels Empty Re: Advent Gospels

Post by George Cuartero Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:04 am

Date: 12/3/2007 7:31 am
Subject: 1st SUNDAY of ADVENT, "Because you know not at what hour your Lord will come.."

Isaiah 2:1-5

The word that Isaias the son of Amos saw, concerning Juda and Jerusalem.
And in the last days the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be prepared on the top of mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills, and all nations shall flow unto it.
And many people shall go, and say: Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob, and he will teach us his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall come forth from Sion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
And he shall judge the Gentiles, and rebuke many people: and they shall turn their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into sickles: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they be exercised any more to war.
O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the Lord.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM:

Ps 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9

Response: Rejoice as we go into the house of the Lord

I rejoiced at the things that were said to me:
We shall go into the house of the Lord.
Our feet were standing
in thy courts, O Jerusalem.

Jerusalem, which is built as a city,
which is compact together.
For thither did the tribes go up,
the tribes of the Lord:

the testimony of Israel,
to praise the name of the Lord.
Because their seats have sat in judgment,
seats upon the house of David.

Pray ye for the things that are for the peace of Jerusalem:
and abundance for them that love thee.
Let peace be in thy strength:
and abundance in thy towers.

For the sake of my brethren, and of my neighbours,
I spoke peace of thee.
Because of the house of the Lord our God,
I have sought good things for thee.

SECOND READING:

Romans 13:11-14

And that knowing the time: that it is now the hour for us to rise from sleep: for now our salvation is nearer than when we believed. The night is passed, and the day is at hand. Let us, therefore, cast off the works of darkness, and put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly as in the day: not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and impurities, not in contention and envy: But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh in its concupiscences.

GOSPEL:

Saint Matthew 24:37-44

As it was in the day of Noah, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And they knew not till the flood came, and took them all away: so also shall the coming of the Son of man be.

Then shall two be in the field: the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Watch ye, therefore, because you know not at what hour your Lord will come. But this know ye, that if the master of the house knew at what hour the thief would come, he would certainly watch, and would not suffer his house to be broken open. Wherefore be ye also ready, because at what hour you know not, the Son of man will come.
George Cuartero
George Cuartero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Cuartero Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 pm

Date: 12/16/2007 3:27 am
Subject: 3rd Sunday of Advent - "Are you 'He is to come' or do we look for another?"

A Reading from the Book of the Prophet Isaiah
God himself will come and save us.

The desert and the parched land will exult; the steppe will
rejoice and bloom. They will bloom with abundant flowers,
and rejoice with joyful song. The glory of Lebanon will be
given to them, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will
will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God.

Strengthen the hands that are feeble, make firm the knees
that are weak, say to those whose hearts are frightened:
Be strong, fear not! Here is your God, he comes with
vindication; with divine recompense he comes to save you.
Then will the eyes of the blind be opened, the ears of
the deaf be cleared; then will the lame leap like a stag,
then the tongue of the dumb will sing.

Those whom the Lord has ransomed will return and enter
Zion singing, crowned with everlasting joy; they will meet
with joy and gladness, sorrow and mourning will flee.

The Word of the Lord.

Responsorial Psalm, Ps 146, 6-7. 8-9. 9-10. R. cf. Is 35, 4

R. Lord, come and save us.

1. The Lord God keeps faith forever,
secures justice for the oppressed
gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets captives free. R.

2. The Lord gives sight to the blind;
the Lord raises up those that were bowed down.
The Lord loves the just;
the Lord protects strangers. R.

3. The fatherless and the widow he sustains,
but the way of the wicked he thwarts.
The Lord shall reign forever;
your God, O Zion, through all generations. R.

Reading II, Jas 5, 7-10

A Reading from the Letter of James

You also must be patient; do not lost heart,
the Lord's coming will be soon.

Be patient, my brothers, until the coming of the Lord.
See how the farmer awaits the precious yield of the soil.
He looks forward to it patiently while the soil receives
the winter and the spring rains. You too, must be patient.
Steady your hearts, because the coming of the Lord is at
hand. Do not grumble against one another, my brothers,
lest you be condemned. See! The judge stands at the gate.
As your models in suffering hardships and in patience,
brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the
Lord.

The Word of the Lord.

Gospel, Mt 11, 2-11

John in prison heard about the works of Christ performed,
and sent a message through his disciples to ask him, "Are
you 'He who is to come' or do we look for another?" In
reply, Jesus said to them: "Go back and report to John
what you hear and see: the blind recover their sight,
cripples walk, lepers are cured, the deaf hear, dead men
are raised to life, and the poor have the good news preached
to them. Blest is the man who finds no stumbling block in
me."

As the messengers set off, Jesus began to speak to the
crowds about John: "What did you go out to the wasteland
to see - a reed swaying in the wind? Tell me, what did
you go out to see - someone luxuriously dressed? Remember,
those who dress luxuriously are to be found in royal palaces.
Why then did you go out - to see a prophet? A prophet indeed,
and something more! It is about this man that Scripture says,

'I send my messenger ahead of you
to prepare your way before you.'

"I solemnly assure you, history has not known a man born of
woman greater than John the Baptizer. Yet the least born
into the kingdom of God is greater than he."

The Gospel of the Lord.
George Cuartero
George Cuartero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Cuartero Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 pm

Date: 12/16/2007 4:21 am
Subject: REFLECTION - 3rd Sunday of Advent - "Are you 'He is to come' or do we look for anothe
Message: This Sunday you may wonder why the Priests' wear color PINK. One of the only time the Priests wears this color ( the other was before the Lord was raised from death).
The color pink signifies "Universal Love" and for sure the favorite color of our Lord. As I'm searching for the meaning of this color, I was surprised that it does have the attributes related to the personality of our Lord Jesus: feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance.
In this Sunday, Jesus reveals Himself to his cousin's ( John the Baptizer, commonly known as the "Baptist") disciples as He is the one they are waiting for. Jesus does not directly told them that He is the "One" but informs them the miracles: the blind recover their sight,
cripples walk, lepers are cured, the deaf hear, dead men
are raised to life, and the poor have the good news preached
to them.
Many times we need first to see impossible things and miracles before we believe that Jesus is truly the "ONE". But just tells us: "Blest is the man who finds no stumbling block believing in
me."
At this point, we are still asked to get ourselves ready to the coming of the "ONE". We need not to see miracles and the impossible for us to believe. On the second reading, Apostle James asks us to be patient. As a farmer waits for the time of harvesting, for all the efforts he exerted for him to have a fruitful harvest, St. James invites us to do our part, be patient, and be not tired of doing good deeds and following Jesus' invitation of accepting Him as the LORD and our GOD. As well, James invites us to set the Prophet (John the Baptizer) as a model of overcoming suffering hardships and in patience proclaiming God's presence.
This Sunday, Jesus invites us to bring the color PINK to all the people we are encountering every day, our loved-ones, friends, and co-workers. Our personal treatment to them and our good relationships to them makes them "pinkish" in color. Meaning feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance as Jesus' characteristics. Let us not make them "dark" in color, meaning the opposite of being "pink".

PS,
sorry guys I did'nt create a message last Sunday, I had internet problems at home, anyway hope this compoensate even a bit. GOD BLESS us All!!!
George Cuartero
George Cuartero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Cuartero Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:45 pm

Date: 12/23/2007 11:18 am
Subject: 4th Sunday in Advent - "...and they shall name him Emmanuel!"

Again the LORD spoke to Ahaz, saying,
Ask a sign of the LORD your God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven.

But Ahaz said, I will not ask, and I will not put the LORD to the test.

Then Isaiah said: "Hear then, O house of David! Is it too little for you to weary mortals, that you weary my God also?
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Look, the young woman is with child and shall bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel.

He shall eat curds and honey by the time he knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good.

For before the child knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land before whose two kings you are in dread will be deserted.

Psalm 80:1-7, 17-19

Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock! You who are enthroned upon the cherubim, shine forth

before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh. Stir up your might, and come to save us!

Restore us, O God; let your face shine, that we may be saved.

O LORD God of hosts, how long will you be angry with your people's prayers?

You have fed them with the bread of tears, and given them tears to drink in full measure.

You make us the scorn of our neighbors; our enemies laugh among themselves.

Restore us, O God of hosts; let your face shine, that we may be saved.

But let your hand be upon the one at your right hand, the one whom you made strong for yourself.
Then we will never turn back from you; give us life, and we will call on your name.

Restore us, O LORD God of hosts; let your face shine, that we may be saved.

Romans 1:1-7

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,
which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy scriptures,

the gospel concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh

and was declared to be Son of God with power according to the spirit of holiness by resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,
through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for the sake of his name,

including yourselves who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,

To all God's beloved in Rome, who are called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 1:18-25

Now the birth of Jesus the Messiah took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been engaged to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit.

Her husband Joseph, being a righteous man and unwilling to expose her to public disgrace, planned to dismiss her quietly.

But just when he had resolved to do this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."

All this took place to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet:

"Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel," which means, "God is with us."

When Joseph awoke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took her as his wife,

but had no marital relations with her until she had borne a son; and he named him Jesus.
George Cuartero
George Cuartero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Cuartero Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:46 pm

Date: 12/30/2007 5:05 pm
Subject: FEAST OF THE HOLY FAMILY
Sirach 3:2-7,12-14

He who honors his father atones for sins;
he stores up riches who reveres his mother.
He who honors his father is gladdened by children, and when he prays he is heard.
He who reveres his father will live a long life; he obeys the LORD who brings comfort to his mother.
My son, take care of your father when he is old; grieve him not as long as he lives.
Even if his mind fail, be considerate with him; revile him not in the fullness of your strength.
For kindness to a father will not be forgotten, it will serve as a sin offering--it will take lasting root.

Psalm
Psalm 128:1-2,3,4-5

A song of ascents. Happy are all who fear the LORD, who walk in the ways of God.
What your hands provide you will enjoy; you will be happy and prosper:
Like a fruitful vine your wife within your home, Like olive plants your children around your table.
Just so will they be blessed who fear the LORD.
May the LORD bless you from Zion, all the days of your life That you may share Jerusalem's joy
and live to see your children's children. Peace upon Israel!

Second Reading
Colossians 3:12-21

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience,
bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance against another; as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do.
And over all these put on love, that is, the bond of perfection.
And let the peace of Christ control your hearts, the peace into which you were also called in one body. And be thankful.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, as in all wisdom you teach and admonish one another, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Wives, be subordinate to your husbands, as is proper in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives, and avoid any bitterness toward them.
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this is pleasing to the Lord.
Fathers, do not provoke your children, so they may not become discouraged.

Gospel
Matthew 2:13-15,19-23

When they had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, 7 and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him."
Joseph rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed for Egypt.
He stayed there until the death of Herod, that what the Lord had said through the prophet might be fulfilled, "Out of Egypt I called my son."
When Herod had died, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who sought the child's life are dead." 10
He rose, took the child and his mother, and went to the land of Israel.
But when he heard that Archelaus was ruling over Judea in place of his father Herod, 11 he was afraid to go back there. And because he had been warned in a dream, he departed for the region of Galilee.
He went and dwelt in a town called Nazareth, so that what had been spoken through the prophets might be fulfilled, "He shall be called a Nazorean."
George Cuartero
George Cuartero
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Cuartero Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:46 pm

Sorry for the late postings father...
George Cuartero
George Cuartero